Ang Nini

Monday, November 28, 2005

Realization: Loathing one's self

"How about shaving your eyebrows?"

Looking at myself in the mirror, I kinda noticed that my eyebrows starts at a thick bush of hair on the middle and gradually dissipating into a barren field. Although it doesn't count as an imperrfection, and not that I am in the habit of looking for imperfection, I have often wondered if I will look better if the eyebrows would take some form. Something more organized than chaotic.

I realized that I am beginning to hate myself by being more aware of the things that I have and don't have. I try to alter what I think will not flatter my features, or the things that I find... uhmm let say hideous. So I end up loathing myself because of such imperfections are with me.

In someway, I hate that I don't find myself handsome. I hate that my skin is not flawless. I hate that I have major issues when it comes to the shape of my body. But these things are superficial. They can always disappear when the time comes that I get fed up with them and decide to do something about them. I can always seek professional help. So I guess, what I am trying to point out is that, it is ok to hate one's self as long as you move on and try to do something about the things that you hate.

I know, I am not making sense at all. (the next line will probably be the catalyst that will destroy the whole point I just made) To me, I feel pretty. But I am aware that there are things that I need to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home