Ang Nini

Friday, November 04, 2005

Reminiscence: Young Perry

My youngest brother, Perry, and I are becoming closer.

I guess I have never seen him before the way I see him now. Back when we were younger, he was a constant cause for annoyance, more of a bundle of burden than joy, and a task to tend to.

He's 17.

One time, back when he was 11, I accidentally read his assignments as I was cleaning up our room. It was an essay about their greatest dream. As I read every line of written on a crumpled paper, i started to cry. Written was:

"Gusto kong maging matalino tulad ng mga kuya ko"("I want to be intelligent like my brothers)

There was a whole paragraph on how much he look up to us. I dont remember if Yanyan, 3 years younger that I, have read Perry's essay, but I know that if he did, he would have cried. As I read further, my heart throbs for the innocent dream that my brother has. I never really thought that he has placed us on a Pedestal on such an early stage of our relationship as brothers. It dawned on me that I am playing a significant role to his young mind.

Now, as we have grown, I know that eventually we would part our ways. But time nor distance would not separate our hearts. As he venture to new endeavors, he is confident that when he looks back, we will be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home